LinkedIn is a fantastic resource for professionals to connect with colleagues, associates, and potential employers.
The site essentially lets you create a publicly accessible resume that showcases your best work, and it can help speed up your job search and career.
But how do you share your profile with other LinkedIn users, or people you’re not logged in to on the site but would like to be?
Fortunately, LinkedIn makes it easy to find your unique profile URL, in order to share it with other people, include it in job applications, or for any other reason you might want or need.
Finding your LinkedIn URL only takes seconds and can be done through your profile page with just a few clicks. Here’s how.
How to find your LinkedIn URL
1. Go to https://www.linkedin.com and login with your username and password.
2. In the toolbar at the top of your home screen, click the “Me” button that appears with your profile picture to open a drop-down menu of options.
3. Click on “View Profile” to access your profile page.
4. Once your profile has loaded, look at your URL bar. The URL is your LinkedIn URL.
All LinkedIn URLs begin with https://www.linkedin.com/in/ – and what comes after is your unique username.
However, you can customize your URL to be the way you want it to be. Here’s how.
How to change your LinkedIn URL
1. On the right side of your profile page, click on “Edit public profile and URL”. This will launch a new tab.
2. Looking again at the right side of your screen, under “Edit your custom URL”, note the URL provided there. This is the current URL of your LinkedIn profile page.
3. Under Edit your custom URL, click the small icon that looks like a pen to the right of your LinkedIn profile URL.
4. Type the URL you want LinkedIn to use in the box and click “Save” to save your changes. LinkedIn will alert you if the username you selected is not available or if you need to choose a new one. When your new URL is confirmed, LinkedIn will display a message saying so.