- You can upload a CV directly to your
- Creating a personalized CV for your LinkedIn profile is essential to stand out in the job market.
- If the Featured section is disabled, you can still add your CV via the “Add Section” option.
LinkedIn can be a useful tool in getting your name known and in front of the right recruiters. It can also help when it comes to applying directly for jobs, especially the thousands featured on the site.
In order to take full advantage of these features, it is a good idea to have a CV uploaded to your profile. Here is what you will need to do.
Add your CV on LinkedIn
If you don’t have a CV ready, you can use LinkedIn’s upload feature, which takes all the information you’ve included on your profile and converts it to a PDF CV.
However, this uploaded CV probably doesn’t look as good as a CV you created yourself, and it will likely be longer than you want it to be. So uploading a personalized CV to your profile allows you to tailor your job information to better match the job you are applying for in order to stand out in the right way. The same goes when you apply for a job.
How to upload a CV in the LinkedIn profile
1. Go to the LinkedIn site and sign in to your account, if necessary.
2. Click it Me in the top toolbar under your profile picture.
3. To choose View profile from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. Scroll to Highlighted heading and click on the Add featured link if you haven’t downloaded anything in the section. If you have, click on the plus + icon at the top right of the box, to the left of the pencil icon.
If you don’t see the Featured section, it might be turned off. In this case, scroll to the top of your profile and select Add a section, so Highlighted, followed by Media. You can then skip to step 6 of this guide.
5. Otherwise, if you have the Featured section and clicked Add featured or the plus + icon, in the drop-down list that appears, select Media.
6. In the file upload window that appears, locate the CV document you want to upload. Click on it and select Open.
7. A preview of the document will appear, along with boxes to give your CV a preview Title and The description. Only the Title is required.
8. Once you have filled in the title and description, click to safeguard.
How to Upload a Resume to LinkedIn When Applying for a Job
1. Once you’ve found a job you want to apply for, click or tap the job title to view the details.
2. Click or tap the Easy to apply button.
Important: You have to choose Easy to apply – not To apply – to make it work. Otherwise, you will be redirected to the application portal of the recruiting company. And your CV must be less than 2MB and be in Word or PDF format.
3. Add the required information and under To resume, select Download the curriculum vitae.
4. Choose the desired file from the pop-up window and click Open.
5. To select Next and continue through the app until you reach the Review page.
6. To choose TP submit application when it’s ready.
How to Add Interests to Your LinkedIn Profile Page and View or Add Interests from Your LinkedIn Connections How to Add a Certification on Your LinkedIn Profile to Showcase Your Credentials How to Add Skills to Your LinkedIn Profile in 4 Steps to Showcase Your Specializations How to find your LinkedIn URL or change it to a custom address