- It is possible to share your LinkedIn profile with your connections or other LinkedIn users to network on the platform.
- You can also share someone else’s LinkedIn profile if you want to connect them with someone or provide them with an introduction.
- You cannot share your own LinkedIn profile directly on the mobile app. But if you know your LinkedIn profile URL, you can type it in and share it the same way, and even share it outside of the app via email or text.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
If you are a professional looking to advance in your career field, networking is key.
After all, the job of your dreams won’t just happen and fall on your knees – you have to go out and take advantage of every opportunity that is available.
That’s why creating a LinkedIn profile and sharing it with your connections and colleagues is such a great idea.
Once you’ve set up your LinkedIn profile with all the relevant information (your education, work history, skills, interests, etc.), it’s time to share your profile with those who might be interested in viewing it.
Here’s how to do it on the LinkedIn website and mobile app.
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone Xs (from $ 999.99 at Best Buy)
Google Pixel 3 (from $ 799.99 at Best Buy)
How to share your LinkedIn profile on computer
1. Go to https://www.linkedin.com and login using your username and password.
2. In the menu bar at the top of your screen, click the Me icon, which appears with a mini version of your profile picture.
3. Click View Profile to access your profile page.
4. In your presentation card – the top box of your profile page that contains your name and some abbreviated details about your current job and education – click “More …”
5. From the drop-down menu, click Share Profile. This will launch a menu box where you can enter the name of the connections you want to share your profile with, then click Send.
You can also share another member’s profile in the same way. Just go to their profile page and follow the steps above.
How to share your LinkedIn profile on the mobile app
1. Locate the LinkedIn app on your iPhone or Android home screen and tap to open it.
2. Navigate to the profile you want to share. To share your own profile from the mobile app, you will need to know your own LinkedIn URL and enter it manually.
3. Click the “More…” button in the introduction card of the profile you are sharing.
4. On iOS, choose Share via private message. On Android, this option will appear as a sharing profile.
5. Type the names of the people you want to share the profile with in the appropriate field and tap Send when you’re done.
If you want to share your own (or someone else’s) LinkedIn profile outside of the platform, you can also just copy and paste the URL of the LinkedIn profile page. For more information, read our article “What is my LinkedIn URL?” : How to find your LinkedIn URL or change it to a personalized one ”.