- To hide your LinkedIn profile, you will need to change your privacy settings. You can access these settings from your profile on a computer or the LinkedIn mobile app.
- Hiding your LinkedIn profile can be useful if you receive spam with recruiting requests or if you don’t want your information to appear on Google.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
Most LinkedIn users are on the site for the networking and employment opportunities it offers. Not only can you connect with your colleagues and potential employers, but you can also fill out your profile with a list of your professional accomplishments and skills.
However, it’s also possible to hide your profile if you decide you don’t want it to be visible to others. LinkedIn has settings that allow you to hide certain information from other users.
But if you don’t want your information to be scavenged by search engines and want to hide it from everyone, you need to know how to hide your entire LinkedIn profile.
Fortunately, you can hide your LinkedIn profile both on the desktop and on the iPhone and Android mobile app. Here’s how.
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone Xs (from $ 999.99 at Best Buy)
Google Pixel 3 (from $ 799.99 at Best Buy)
How to hide your LinkedIn profile on the desktop
1. Go to https://www.linkedin.com and login using your username and password.
2. In the menu bar that runs along the top of your screen, select the “Me” option that appears under a thumbnail version of your profile photo, then click “View Profile”.
3. Click the “Edit Public Profile and URL” option on the right side of your screen.
4. Under the “Change visibility” option on the left side of the screen, turn off the lever next to “Your profile’s public visibility” to hide it from users and non-LinkedIn search engines. You will then see a message confirming that the change has been made, and the lever will be labeled “Off”.
How to hide your LinkedIn profile on mobile
Note that this process is the same on iOS and Android.
1. Open the LinkedIn app via the icon on your device’s home screen.
2. To the left of the search bar at the top of your screen, tap your profile picture, then tap “View Profile.”
3. In the top right corner of your screen, tap the Settings icon, which looks like a gear.
4. Choose the Privacy tab at the top, then tap “Edit your public profile”.
5. Under “Change visibility”, make sure the “Public visibility of your profile” option is turned off.