How to Get a Custom YouTube URL for Your Channel
- You can get a custom YouTube URL for your channel to make it easier for subscribers to find your videos.
- To get a personalized YouTube URL, your account must meet certain criteria, and you will only be able to change your channel URL with specific parameters.
- Here’s what you need to know to get a custom YouTube URL for your own channel.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
It is possible to customize the URL of your YouTube channel to allow viewers to quickly access your page.
Vanity URLs are subject to availability (may already be in use), but can be created based on your display name, YouTube username, or the name of a linked website.
To qualify for a custom URL, an account must have at least 100 subscribers, be at least 30 days old, and have both uploaded channel art and a photo for your channel icon.
Once you’ve created a custom URL, you can’t edit it. Instead, you’ll need to delete the existing URL and create a new one.
Here’s how to create a custom URL for your channel.
How to Get a Custom YouTube URL
1. Log in to your YouTube account.
2. Access “Advanced Account Settings” by clicking your profile picture in the upper right corner, selecting “Settings”, then selecting “Advanced Settings” from the left menu.
3. Under Channel Settings, click the “You are eligible for a custom URL” link. Note that this link will only appear if you are eligible for a custom URL, as described above.
4. The “Get a custom URL” box will display the custom URLs that you have been granted permission to use. Note that you can’t edit the part in the gray area, but you can edit the rest to make the link unique to you.
5. Make sure you understand the terms outlined in the “Custom URL Terms of Service” section, then click “Edit URL.”
6. Make sure you have entered the URL correctly, then press “Confirm choice”.
7. Users will now be redirected to your channel’s home page by entering the URL, for example “youtube.com/customaddress.”
Kelly Laffey/Business Insider