How to find your LinkedIn URL or change it to a custom one
- You can find your
- It is important to know your LinkedIn URL so you can share your profile page with others, including potential employers.
- Your URL is assigned by LinkedIn, but you can change it in the account settings.
LinkedIn is a useful resource for professionals to connect with colleagues, associates, and potential employers. The site essentially lets you create a publicly accessible resume that showcases your best work, and it can help speed up your job search and career.
LinkedIn also makes it easy to find your unique profile URL so that you can share it with other people, include it in job applications, or add it to your personal website.
You can easily find your LinkedIn URL from your profile page, and you can even change it if you’re not happy or want something more recognizable – here’s how.
How to find your LinkedIn URL
1. Go to the LinkedIn site and log in with your username and password.
2. In the toolbar at the top of your home screen, click the button Me under your profile picture to open a drop-down menu of options.
3. Click on View profile to access your profile page.
4. Once your profile has loaded, look at the URL bar at the top of your web browser. The URL is your LinkedIn URL.
To note: All LinkedIn
How to change your LinkedIn URL
You can also change your URL, which LinkedIn automatically generates based on your name, to whatever you want it to be – here’s how.
1. From the home page of the LinkedIn site, access your profile page by clicking on the button Me button at the top right and selecting View profile from the drop-down list.
2. On the right side of your profile page, click Edit public profile and URL. This will launch a new tab.
3. On the right side of the new page, you will see your current URL listed under Edit your custom url.
4. Next to your current URL, click the Edit icon, which looks like a pencil.
5. Type a new URL in the box and click to safeguard to confirm your changes. LinkedIn will alert you if the username you selected is not available or if you need to choose a new one. When your new URL is confirmed, LinkedIn will display a message saying so.
How to contact LinkedIn customer support using their online help center and forum How to upload your resume to LinkedIn and allow potential employers to see it on your profile How to set up a business page on LinkedIn to promote your business and posting job vacancies How to share your own or someone else’s LinkedIn profile on desktop or mobile, to network and connect others