- It is possible to add a promotion on LinkedIn and strengthen your professional reputation as you progress in your role.
- You can easily update your LinkedIn profile to include your new job status, and even choose to share it with your network in the process.
- Here’s how to add a promotion to your LinkedIn profile, for desktop and mobile.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
A career promotion can mean a lot of extra perks, like getting a raise and working on bigger projects.
Letting people know about your new job status on LinkedIn is not only a good way to celebrate your success, but it can also signal potential employers that you might be a good fit in the future.
Here’s what you’ll need to do to add this promotion to your profile and let people know about it, both for the desktop and mobile versions of the platform:
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone Xs (from $ 999.99 at Best Buy)
Google Pixel 3 (from $ 799.99 at Best Buy)
How to add a promotion on the LinkedIn site
1. Go to linkedin.com and sign in to your account, if necessary.
2. Click the “Me” icon in the upper right corner of the screen and click “View Profile.”
3. Hover your cursor over the job you want to edit and tap the pencil icon (or if you’re adding a new position, you need to click the plus sign at the top of the “Experience” section of your profile).
4. Add your new job title and any other details that have changed; if necessary, check the boxes “Update my sector” and “Update my title”.
5. To make sure your connections receive a notification about your promotion, enable the “Share with network” option.
6. Click on “Save”.
How to add a promotion on the LinkedIn mobile app
The process is the same whether you are using an iPhone or Android:
1. Open your LinkedIn app and sign in to your account, if necessary.
2. Tap your profile picture and select “View Profile”.
3. Scroll down to the “Experiment” section and tap on the pencil icon.
4. Next to the position you want to change, tap the pencil icon again.
5. Make the changes to reflect your promotion (and enable this option to share your promotion with your network, if you wish).
6. Press “Save”.