- People are often asked to share their profile URL when applying for a job or with a potential client.
- Having a personalized URL makes it more readable for the reader. Let’s see how you can change your
LinkedIn Profile URL.
LinkedIn has grown into a leading professional networking website, with users engaging with the platform and updating their education, career, and skills information. Many of us also use our
In this article, we’ll see how you can edit and customize your LinkedIn profile URL. You can perform this process using a computer or a cell phone. Let’s see how it’s done.
When we say the URL is customizable, that means you can change anything in the last part âyournameâ of this sample URL âwww.linkedin.com/in/yournameâ. Here you can enter any number of characters between a minimum of 3 characters and a maximum of 300 characters.
A restriction in the personalization of the LinkedIn profile is the use of spaces, symbols or special characters. Another limitation of URL modification is that it can only be done five times in six months.
How to change LinkedIn profile URL on a computer
- Open a browser on your computer.
- Open LinkedIn and sign in or sign up if you haven’t already.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on me and select “View profile”.
- On the right side, click on “Edit public profile and URL”.
- Then you will be redirected to the Public Profile Settings page where you will see the option “Edit your custom URL”.
- Now click on the edit icon next to your public profile url.
- Here you can first clear the previous entry and enter your custom URL.
- Click Save to succeed with the change.
How to change LinkedIn profile URL using your mobile
- On your mobile device, first download the LinkedIn app, if it is not already downloaded.
- Now launch the LinkedIn app.
- In the upper left corner, tap on your profile picture and select “View profile”.
- Here you will need to tap on the three dot icon next to âAdd Sectionâ and select âContact Infoâ or alternatively you will need to scroll down to the âContact Infoâ section on some devices.
- Now tap on the Edit icon in the Contact section.
- Under the âEdit Contact Informationâ page, tap your profile URL âwww.linkedin.com/in/yournameâ.
- It will be redirected to another page where you will need to tap the Edit icon under Edit your custom URL.
- Delete the existing URL and customize it as needed.
- Remember to click Save to make the change successfully.
Tips for changing the LinkedIn profile URL
Since a LinkedIn profile URL is used for many purposes, it is recommended that you use a variation of your name or professional brand.
OnePlus 10 Pro’s key specs revealed ahead of launch
Here’s how to protect yourself from cybercrime in 2022