Create and add an eBook to your LinkedIn profile
Having an eBook is a fantastic way to present yourself as a thought leader and subject matter expert in your field. LinkedIn is a great place to present the eBook to your network and potential buyers. But publishing an eBook can be a daunting task. There are many elements that go into creating an eBook, hosting it, and showcasing it on your LinkedIn profile. Here are the main steps:
Define your eBook and what it covers:
- What topics are your buyers interested in and what problem will your eBook solve?
- What information will your buyers get from the eBook?
- Execute the idea with your colleagues, clients, and network to ensure that you are providing value to your audience.
- Choose a look, CLICK HERE for 13 Hubspot Templates to get you started.
- Develop your eBook around the template you’ve chosen. Make sure it’s based on a 95% value. It is NOT a white paper that explains your products and services. Your eBook is an insightful educational resource that adds real value to your reader, even if they never work with you. However, make sure you have a strong call to action that makes them want to talk with you. that is to say.
If you would like to know more or even how this relates to you and your business, I invite you to have a conversation. Whether or not we decide to work together, I’m sure our call will be full of information and concrete action that can help you grow your business. here is a link to my agenda http://scheduleacallwithbrynne.com/ please choose a time which is most convenient for you.
- Save it in PDF format (for advanced users use Adobe to create live hyperlinks inside the eBook)
- Choose a hosting platform for your eBook, decide where your eBook will reside. There are some great free resources like – Slide sharing, Box.com, Google drive or if you have a WordPress site, download it and use your website link.
Once you’ve downloaded your eBook, you’ll have a link to give out to your audience. Now is the time to post it on your LinkedIn profile.
- If you have already added the Post section to your profile, click âAdd Postâ at the top of the section to get started (go to # 3). If you don’t already have the Posts section on your profile, you can add it from “Add a section to your profile” under your photo in edit profile mode.
- Choose the “orange” block called publications and click on “Add publications”
- Add eBook title
- Under Publisher, enter your name or the name of your company
- Paste the e-book link under Publish URL
- (Optional) Enter the names of other people you would like to appear in this post. They will receive a message that you want to add them and they will have to accept. They will appear on your profile and you will appear on theirs.
- Complete the description that lets the reader know the value and / or the takeout they will get.
- Click on Save.
There are many ways to get readers to your eBook, here are some LinkedIn marketing ideas.
- Post your link on your News Feed and / or Groups and @mention people who would benefit from reading your eBook.
- Every time you connect with a new person who would derive value from your eBook, send them a personal message.
- Write a LinkedIn Pulse post that relates to the topic and have a âcall to actionâ link to your eBook in that post.
- Do an advanced search for your 1st degree connections that would derive value from your eBook and send them a message with a link. This can be automated with tools like LinMailPro.
- Consider publishing your eBook on Kindle or even publishing a fuller version on Amazon. Questions on how to write it, design it and / or publish it? To verify SkillDicks for more information. Do you just need the artwork? Contact American executive centers business support – they do a great job for me and my clients!
Of course, there are dozens of other ways to market your eBook, including adding it to your website, signing an email, tweeting it, sharing it on Facebook and other social platforms.
Looking to get more out of LinkedIn? I invite you to have a conversation, I am confident that I will be able to add some feasible ideas and activities that will help you grow your business. here is a link to my agenda http://ScheduleaCallwithBrynne.com please choose the time which is most convenient for you. I look forward to our call.