This article was translated from our Spanish edition using AI technologies. Errors may exist due to this process.
LinkedIn is a social network that many have, but few are getting all the “juice” that it has. This platform not only serves to see what your friends are working on, it also allows you to make professional contacts which can be the key to taking your career to the next level or even giving you the partners you need to do bring out your business.
However, having a profile is not enough for recruiters to come to your door. To attract professional connections, you need to have the right information and an attractive, yet respectable photo.
We give you the advice that LinkedIn and Nikon offer to have the perfect profile on this social network.
1. Good profile: complete your profile as much as possible; the more detail you include, the better. It will be easier and faster for users to find you.
2. A correct address: customize your profile URL so that it appears among the first results in Google.
3. Extract: Write a summary of your professional career in short, attractive and easy to read text. It will work like a digital cover letter.
4. Experience: ask for recommendations from (ex) colleagues, (former) bosses, teachers, clients or suppliers. This will give you more credibility with new contacts.
Do not forget to add your skills, that is, to highlight the tasks that you have developed throughout your professional experience.
5. Projects: share your work. Improve your profile by adding links to your professional projects, so that everyone can see them and they work as proof of what you can do.
6. Education: includes universities and centers where you have received some type of education, as well as courses and volunteer activities.
7. Skills and knowledge: Include keywords, that way when other professionals search for people with your skills, they’ll find you.
8. Groups: By by joining conversations in LinkedIn communities, you’ll have access to new ideas and stay on top of the latest trends.
9. Give “follow”: find the profiles of the people you want to imitate to always be aware of their news.
10. Post a professional photo: remember that you must portray a respectable and responsible image.
– Avoid wearing clothes of a color similar to your skin tone.
– Do not use bright colors like red or orange as they distract from your face.
– Avoid colors like white, yellow and pink as they make your skin look pale.
– The best colors for photos that give a professional image are blue, green and wine.
– Don’t put on too much makeup. A natural look is the best cover letter.
– Have good posture. Smile, but don’t overdo your expression.
– Golden rule: Don’t dress for the job you have, but for the job you want.
– The supervision must go from the head to the men.
– Be natural, do not overdo your hairstyle or your makeup because you damage your personal brand.
Following these tips will allow you to enrich your network of contacts through this social network.